Saturday 11 March 2017

Colour Theory Book No.2

Colour Theory Book No.2 







Different colours and combinations evoke particular moods, learning about how different choices of palettes in design can impact the work differently was something I have developed a better understanding of through this module. 

My initial design for the colour theory book was unsuccessful in displaying colour combinations that engaged me. Therefore, deciding to improve my design, I collected imagery that colour wise would be something I would use in my own designs.  From learning how to directly copy the colour from the image and make a colour pallet out of it, I began noticing that colours existed within these images that I wouldn’t have otherwise noticed. 

Compared to decisions made earlier on in the initial colour theory book, there is an evident improvement in the combinations and choices of colour used in my work, demonstrating a clearer understanding of the tone of voice certain colours have and what they can say about work.  Through this practice of arranging colours alongside one another, relationships between different colours came about, leading to later on in the module using colour more effectively in my designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment