Thursday 9 February 2017

I thought about how a ruler’s function exists only in the presence of other objects. It is there to measure the length or create a length. With research into how our hands were the building blocks of measurements in the past, I aimed to create a series of images echoing this idea by placing my hands in positions as if they were holding particular objects by accurately placing them incorrectly distanced apart. This developed into the ‘Invisible Technology Exhibition’.

As part of my practical research into a ruler I photographed my object at different angles and distances however aimed to constrain each photograph to having a continuous line running through them. The difficulty of this was photographing the ruler in contrasting ways without changing the position of where the line runs through. This task fed into my final outcome the most out of my other research tasks as it challenged my skills of accuracy and caused me to think about how each photograph will piece together. 
A way of making this easier would have been to use a tripod and cove for my photographs. The end result was successful however I did have to resize the images before lining them up to make a straight flowing line, this is also what I had to do for my final piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment