Saturday 18 February 2017

Research - Previous Book Cover Winners Analysis



Analysis of previous winners for the adult non-fiction book cover designs 2016:


 From the comments left from the judges of the winning design last year, it was repeatedly mentioned that it was liked for its bold, clean and refreshingly simple aesthetic. This approach to the design was popular as they noted it has a strongly impactful effect. With other judges also commenting on how it was very confident and relevant to the genre of the novel. With research into the winners it highly impacted my approach to illustrating these qualities too and made me move away from designs that strayed too far away from the main body in which the novel is based around.



In the comments for the design that came second place it was quoted from the judge “I can imagine myself picking up this book curious to read what is on the receipt.” With my novel being based around an investigation I too wanted to create a sense of curiosity within my design. 


No comments:

Post a Comment