Wednesday 8 February 2017

Wayfinding has improved my ability to identify design problems and both conceptually and practically solve them. It has encouraged to find more than one way of approaching situations and then analyzing which approach is best suited to my function. 

I have learnt that design is more closely related to space and people than I had known before and because of this research into a design project is crucial in understanding it. I feel more confident in my ability of translating information to an audience and understand the difference in translating information objectively and subjectively. I found that I enjoyed a more subjective approach to the projects however also included aspect of objective features. Using subjective imagery and symbols is something I intend to move forward with and incorporate into future projects.
I had a lot of interest in the objective and subjective tasks at the being of the wayfinding project. I found that working with a range of materials and combining them with different processes created interesting and much more individual outcomes than I would have otherwise produced using methods I have instinctively swayed to in the past. Being able to understand how my signage would interact with an environment introduced me to new design considerations, this is crucial in my further development into graphic design. 



The wayfinding project also taught me the importance of condensing information and making decisions on what information is necessary to include and what is causing a design to appear too busy and therefore difficult to interpret. I have successfully made decisions on my designs based on the process and was able to give and take appropriate criticism and advice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment