Monday 14 November 2016

Evaluation

     


      I found these modules introduced me to a wide range of new concepts and skills, both were informative of background knowledge and have built up my confidence in graphic design. Before the typeface project I had little knowledge anatomy of a letter and with the module informing me of this I found it exposed me to a broader range of ways I could manipulate a letter. I also gained a better understanding of the effects of altering these features and how to apply this to my adjective or company. I’ve learnt a lot about how to approach a brief and the components that ought to be taken into consideration. My digital skills on illustrator have improved, I’ve been introduced to new tools and effects which has impacted what visuals I can produce. I also have a better understanding of the effects of altering features in a letter such as stoke, weight, scale and spacing. I noticed I found the typeface brief more enjoyable as I picked an adjective I found intriguing to unpick. I believe I misinterpreted the logotype brief slightly in terms of trying to fit the meaning of my word ’conversible’ to my chosen rebrand. The structure of the modules helped build up my ideas, I especially found the typeface crit involving peers to instinctively visualize each other’s adjectives using marks and quick illustrations helpful as it extended the approaches to my adjective I wouldn’t have thought of. The modules highlight the importance of being able to document design decisions, this teaching has helped strengthen my work in that it encourages me to question myself and move into different approaches. Both modules will help me progress in future projects, and will encourage me to move away from the obvious approaches and seek more inventive processes.


No comments:

Post a Comment